Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Todaze Wisdom

There is a reason that there are stereotypes. People are so predictable and conform to peer groups so well that someone had to coin a word to explain the concept.

Every morning I read the newspaper obituaries first. If my name isn't there, I continue on to read my horror-scope.

It took me years to figure out that 4 leaf clovers were invented by mothers to keep kids quiet. The only luck involved was that lucky few minutes of peace and quiet that the mothers were able to get.

I got out of bed one morning in 1973. It was a gray, cold Friday. Now, as I look out my window it is still gray, it is still cold and it is still Friday. I have a terrible feeling that it is going to be a very long weekend.

I sat in school for 12 years, being force fed math, history and other vital recources that I would never be able to use beyond the very basics. I was taught to read, to wright and right, I was taught to pray to a wall for which many of my friends would die. The only thing I ever really learned was that summer vacation always had to come to an end.

I remeber when I was 4 years old, I first learned about the draft, and how people could come and take my daddy away, and he could't hide anywhere, not even the attic or the basement. I think that I have been paranoid ever since.

No comments: